Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Autumn Sun

One of the things I miss is the sun. Particularly the autumn afternoon sun, say 3pm - 5pm. Man, I loved it. The warmth, the beauty, the crisp smell in the air.

See, school let out around that time. (That probably has something to do with it haha) I would come home to a sanctuary, The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost smiling down on me, their radiance filtering through the trees. The leaves splashed with oranges, reds, and yellows. "Magic isn't real", you would answer if I just asked, right?

I'm telling you, there was magic in that air... A feeling like Gabriel and Michael were flanking me. I wasn't a Christian then, so maybe they really were there, trying to get through my thick skull.

I love this land, I really do. From the time I followed my dad around the woods, the time electric wheelchair wheels started snapping twigs, to the time now when I miss the days I took for granted. Especially that autumn afternoon sun.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well written! --Chaplain Tony

Unknown said...

That's beautiful Stephen!

Anonymous said...

Continue Reading propecia finasteride - generic propecia quality

Drummer Boy said...

WOW... Stephen I had never read this blog posting!!!! That inspired me to be more appreciative for the great gifts God has given me.... Great writing!!

Anonymous said...

Waiting for your next post!

Chaplain Bob

Anonymous said...

Dear Stephen,
If your health permits, try to write again on your blog. It's beautiful to hear from you. Your faith in Jesus and how your illness has carried out is great example to many children who suffer the same. I wish God continue to give you strength to your spirit by the time you are on this earth.

Anonymous said...

Miss you my friend!
-Bob