Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Beauty of God's Glory

I was listening to this song the other day. I don't know who was singing or what the words were because it was in a language I didn't recognize. That doesn't matter, what matters is the feeling it gave me.
A couple minutes before, I was in a depressed mood. I was feeling sorry for myself and i was pretty down. There was this music file i didn't know was there. I played it to see what it was, and it was this beautiful song of a woman singing with a piano in the background. This feeling of awe washed over me at how beautiful and powerful the song was. I'm not one to be moved and amazed by artistic talent, but this song got to me and every trace of depression left me in a flash. What it showed me is just how beautiful God's glory is. Here He created this woman with a gifted singing voice, Here He gave a man the hands and inspiration to build the first piano, and Here He brought everything together making it possible for me to hear this song when I desperately needed to.
The Lord reminded me of his beauty and it amazed me to the point where I broke down and cried. Here I was feeling sorry for myself, oblivious to all of God's blessings surrounding me. Blessed with the greatest family I could ever dream of having, blessed with a great life full of happiness, blessed with the freedom and safety of an American, and blessed to know Jesus as my savior and best friend. What more could I ever ask for? My tears turned to those of joy when I felt how much I truly love the Lord. I just can not put into words how much I love Him. The words do not exist to properly express myself. After all He has done for me and given me, how could I not love Him with all my heart and soul?
When things get the best of you and your feeling down or depressed, stop and look around you. Find something you find beautiful, a picture, song, or an open window. Just let go of your troubles. Let God show you his beauty and embrace the miracle of it. Nothing is more powerful than God's beauty, nothing.

No comments: