Monday, May 24, 2010

Why Me?

First, I want to thank everyone for their congratulations and well wishes on my recent Ordination as a Minister. This was not something I expected or aimed for when I started my blog, My only intention was to spread God's word and inspire people through Him. Thank you to all those who have helped me make my mark in the world, and I intend to influence this world as much as I can, in the way that God commands us all.

I think this calls for a topic that relates to me strongly. Too many people convince themselves that they are not worthy of being saved. They ask, "Why me? Why would God care about me? I'm just a regular person." The truth is, we all are just regular people, regardless of status. But, through God, we are made for greatness.

Look at Moses, he was just an uncharismatic shepherd, but through God, he freed the Israelites from slavery in Egypt. Look at David, a servant of Saul, who struck down the giant Goliath with a single stone. These men were not born as princes or sons of wealthy officials, they were just regular men at a disadvantage, whether that be physical or social standing. God called on them and they answered the call. They trusted the Lord to provide for their needs, and the Lord blessed them.

God does not see physical abnormalities, social status, skin tones, or gender. He sees his children. We may make mistakes, sin against others, or break His commandments, but He still and always will love us. As long as we live our lives through Him, He will always be there to power us into doing what we previously thought impossible. Accepting Jesus into our hearts allows us to tap into the greatness He provides. It doesn't matter how ordinary we think of ourselves as being. To the Lord, we are his precious and non replaceable children. Do not think of what you can not do, think of what you can do. God gives us all a purpose and the power to do that purpose. What can you do to serve God best?

No comments: