Wednesday, February 24, 2010

God Loves All, Forgives All

My name is Stephen and I am a sinner. I have made mistakes, and I will continue making mistakes until my last days on this earth. That makes me human. I am not perfect and I accept that the wages of my sins is death.

But as I believe in Jesus Christ My Savior, as I have a relationship with Jesus and love him, my sins are forgiven. As a human being, I have not been pure, I have not been perfect, and I do not deserve to be forgiven. But as a Christian, I am saved. As I believe in Him, God has looked past my past transgressions and has forgiven me.

NIV John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

We may be sick and hurting with regret over past mistakes, and do not think God can forgive us, but here is the truth: None of us deserve to be forgiven, but God loves us as we are, as he has created us. His heart beats inside of ours, because we have accepted Him in. We are His children. We love and have faith in Him and that pleases him.

Believe. Keep faith. Love. Rest soundly, He is coming for us.

God Bless,
Stephen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stephen:

My daughter Naomi told me about you. I'm out in the Pacific Northwest, training young men to be officers and leaders in the US Army for the present and up-coming conflicts that our nations is (and will be) involved in. Today, you were in my thoughts, not just in daily prayers but in the realm of what it takes for an officer to become a leader. What I mean by that can be explained in words like tenacity, courage, humility, perseverance, and gratitude; all character traits that I have seen in your “Piece of Life” writings. Thank you for you. You inspire, and invoke His love.

SFC Buck Cutlip Vietnam 70-71
Iraq 04-05
Africa 06-07