Thursday, November 12, 2009

God is with you!

At first, I was having a hard time with my faith. I felt like God wasn't listening to my prayers, and most troubling was that I could not hear God talking to me. I thought I did something wrong and God was not forgiving me, even though I didn't know what I did. I thought maybe my past was too bad to be forgiven.

But, I am telling you now, God is ALWAYS there if you believe and have faith in him. He will never leave you, never give up on you, and would rather send his son to die on the cross than see his children in agony with deadly ugly sin. He listens to every prayer and does what he can.

But, you have to understand, God is not in some lamp you rub to get three wishes. He has a will for each and everyone of you. He listens to your prayers and will lay his hand on your shoulder, giving you peace, safety, and his grace. When God has a purpose for you, (which he does) some prayers just are not meant to happen. For example, I prayed throughout High School to help me with my latest crush, but God is not Cupid. He loves us more than anything in the universe, and I'm sure he would love to answer every prayer that comes his way. But, God stays true to his will for us. Once I learned that, I was ok. Because I have faith in the end, that God knows what is best for us.

It did not take long for me to learn how God speaks to me either. The most important thing you can do is open your ears, eyes, and your heart. It can be in a most suble way. All you have to do is be patient and keep talking to him. The sun comes out from behind a cloud and fills the room. A thought pops into your mind. You wake up from a dream and there it is. There are many ways God can speak to you, but these are from my experience. The point is, when God speaks to you, you will know. Never lose faith in him, because he never loses faith in you.

Stephen

No comments: